About this scholarship
Established in 1994 as a tangible memorial to the life and contribution of Anne Lyons (nee Byrne), a scholar, wife and teacher who died of cancer in 1987 at the age of 42 and whose prevailing passion was the study and pursuit of social justice in Australia.
- Open: Friday, 21 July 2017
- Close: Monday, 5 March 2018
- The scholarship is valued at $6,000, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Target group: students studying overseas
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: any
- Year level: final year of study
- Plan to complete an overseas placement in an area of social justice
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- Details of the applicant’s placement in the area of social justice (including evidence of acceptance into the placement)
- Budget estimate outlining all expenses relating to overseas study
- Written reference (academic)
- Written reference (personal)
- Academic transcript
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Acceptance into placement
- Budget estimate
- Written references
- Academic merit
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2018