US Consulate General Lagos is looking for Non-Immigrant/Immigrant Visa Assistant to join its team.
Basic Function of the Position – The incumbent performs the complex task of processing the full range of non-immigrant and immigrant visas for Nigerian citizens and third-country nationals. S/he refers only unusual, complex or questionable cases to the Team Lead, LES Staff supervisor, or Consular Officer. Incumbent will be one of the four rotating visa unit team members, who share duties over the course of the year within the Visa Unit.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Three years of customer service work experience in the application of regulatory material or processes is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must develop a detailed knowledge of U.S. immigration laws, regulations and procedures. Must develop a thorough understanding of all computer-based Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV) and Immigrant Visa Overseas (IVO) programs.
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Pre-Law, Communications, or Social Science field is required.
- This may be tested.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing in English is required. Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing in Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa is required.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as proficiency in keyboard, data entry skills, with the ability to type 25 WPM with 90% accuracy. Ability to draft correspondence, be tactful and apply sound judgement in dealing with the public and maintain appropriate confidentiality is required. Must be able to work under pressure and prioritize work to meet team requirements.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigera may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How To Apply
Visit official page with link below to apply now.