FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for Administrative Assistant, Borno for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. The position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- Variety of administrative and office support duties
- Knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services
- Preparation of documents and reports, the use of office technology, compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting information, greeting / referring/assisting others, mail distribution, and photocopying.
- Collecting and verifying data, summarizing and reconciling information or financial data, records management, review and processing, research and inventory.
- Primary staff assistant to a department or manager.
- Answers phones.
- Takes messages or fields/answers routine and non- routine questions.
- Provides information to callers.
- Provides administrative support to staff for copying, faxing and large- scale mailings.
- Responds to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
- Sets up and maintain files, prepares reports, presentations and graphics, provides employees with office supplies, performs data entry, proofreads, and compiles special reports.
- Receives and distributes incoming mailing and coordinates outgoing mail, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution.
- Schedules meetings and meeting arrangements.
- Provides meeting support as needed (e.g. scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
- Communicates with both internal and external personnel as required. Prepares and maintains documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spread sheets, logs etc. to support functions.
- High School/GED Diploma or International Equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience supporting an office environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees and clients of all levels.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Hausa
- Excellent computer software skills.