FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for Contracts Officer – Kano for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. The position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
The Contracts Officer will be responsible for:
- Managing the administrative processes for contract administration from pre-award to contract close-out.
- Provide professional expertise in contract administration to ensure full compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Comprehensively analyze contract terms and conditions to ensure that the organization has the organizational capacity or is able to acquire the necessary capacity to successfully perform and meet contractual obligations
- Expertly interpret donor terms or condition, rules and regulations
- Standardize administrative procedures for efficient award and sub award management
- Develop contractual documents including templates and ancillary business forms
- Provide capacity building and replication of contract portfolio management systems and best practices in award and sub award management.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent or higher in finance, management, or other relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant, progressive experience in accounting, finance and operational management, and experience in a government contracting environment.
- Knowledge of DFID grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year funds.
- At least 3 years of negotiating experience and direct management of contracts and other agreements
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with DFID-funded programs preferred.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Hausa
- Excellent computer software skills.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programmes that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.