FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for Demand Creation Specialist, Jigawa for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. The position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
The Demand Creation Specialist will be responsible for:
- Support project to evolve the demand creation strategies and drive evidenced based innovation for replication across 5 target states
- Design and implement effective, low-cost solutions to strengthen the delivery of primary health care services for women and their families.
- Promote the appropriate and effective use of social and behavior change methodologies and research techniques to build demand creation and support states on the execution of marketing/demand creation strategies
- Provide leadership for capacity building, coaching and mentoring of staff and local counterparts including developing and implementing annual training plans, learning activities and materials to support capacity building in demand creation.
- Provide technical and program oversight and direction in the marketing of integrated health programming
- Coordinate with other technical areas, to assure appropriate demand creation and marketing technical support and alignment is embedded in program implementation to ensure marketing supports program objectives
- Help guiding programmatic revisions as needed, and contribute to the evaluation of results
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent or higher in public health, or other relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing quality improvement programs. Application of Demand Creation to health services preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with DFID-funded programs preferred.
- Knowledge of and work experience in Nigeria preferred.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Hausa
- Excellent computer software skills.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programmes that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.