Background of this assignment
DGIS supported activities in Nigeria will be focused on pillar 1: strengthening engagement of the non-public sector to provide quality patient centered TB/HIV services. Engaging with the non-public sector (private providers and civil society) is essential to the inclusiveness requirements of the New Funding Model. Within this first objective, we aim to develop a model that enables effective partnerships between (local) governments, private health care providers (PHCP) and civil society organizations
Purpose of the position and organizational position
This is both a technical and a project management position, posted in a Regional office in Lagos. The Officer will ensure timely implementation and technical quality of activity implementation according to the approved annual work plan. The Officer will be responsible for regular monitoring of activity implementation and providing TB/HIV technical support when needed. The Officer will work closely together with PharmAccess Lagos team, KNCV/Challenge TB, State TB and Leprosy Program, and other local partners. The officer report to KNCV’s headquarters in The Hague and receive logistic and technical support by the KNCV Lagos team, as well as by the PharmAccess Lagos team.
Who are we looking for?
- A master’s degree in a health-related field with qualifications in public health or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience in working with HIV & TB programs;
- Experience in working with USAID, Global Fund and other development partners;
- Experience in mentoring and capacity building;
- Knowledge and experience in development, implementation of operational plans and evaluation of results.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Planning and Organizing;
- Result Oriented;
- Problem Solving;
- Cultural sensitive;
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
• A fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding;
• An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
• A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
• The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
• KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;
Application and information
You can apply for this position using the application form below before 2 January, 2016. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our HRM Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to our regulations internal candidates prevail over external candidates.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.