The Driver’s job is to provide transport support services to all technical program areas. The driver is also required to drive MSH vehicles while transporting staffs which include: Employees, Chief of Party, Country Directors/ Lead and VIP visitors. Drivers are also responsible for overseeing vehicle maintenance.
- Drive project staff to activities and meeting within and outside of Abuja.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to individual vehicle use.
- Ensure all aspects of vehicle policy are being followed and enforced during your assignments.
- Inspect vehicle prior to travel to assure all fluids, tires, wipers, belts etc are in good working order.
- Signal any sign of need for maintenance or other problem with the vehicle to the transport and logistic associate.
- Keep vehicle health log updated.
- Assure the security of the vehicle when outside of the office.
- Assure the safety of all passengers.
- Submit all expense reports in a timely manner to accounting, properly completed.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school Certificate. University degree preferred.
- 0 -2 years related work experience with International organizations in Nigeria.
- Sound judgment, non-aggressive driving style and good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of standard driving practices
- Good driving record.
- Ability to travel if required
- Mental programs for interpreting and responding to events automatically; and motivations which activate and direct safe behavior and anticipate problems
- Ability to organize and complete manual and routine tasks as assigned
- Ability to perform at an acceptable level of control skill