ECOWAS hiring Program Officer GIS And Mapping Expert to boost it’s workforce. See details of this offer below.
- Department: Political Affairs, peace and Security
- Directorate: Early Warning
- Grade: P4
- Annual Salary: USD 44,328 – USD 51,637
- Supervisor: Principal Programme Officer, Systems Manager
- Reference: ECW/PAPS/NEWRM-P (5)
- Duration: Contract(Two years, renewable)
- Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
Duties and Responsibilities
The PO GIS Mapping and Expert would be functionally attached to and work under the supervision of the PPO Systems Manager.
He / She would have the responsibility to:
- Coordinate the provision of Geographic Information System (GIS) services to support Observation and Monitoring Center operation of the ECOWAS Region’s Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Develop GIS training programs aimed at building the capacity of Early Warning Directorate staff and sister directorates on the application of GIS tools to support early warning and response
- Coordinate the implementation of the ECOWAS Geospatial Data Infrastructure (EGDI)
- Support efforts aimed at strengthening partnership, advocacy and resource mobilization strategies for the establishment of the EGDI
- Evaluate new GIS technology and software and develop new web application templates for data collection, analysis and reporting
- Coordinate the development of work plans and work products
- Perform all functions seamlessly including problem solving and advanced scripting using ArcGIS software.
- Learn and utilize capabilities of new geographic software versions.
- Interpret and explains spatial difficulties to project managers and outside clients.
- Analyzes, interprets, manipulates and inputs aerial photography data.
- The Integration of all in-house geospatial software.
- Perform any other tasks assigned.
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in GIS with + 7 years of experience. Knowledge of principles and practices of GIS and Remote Sensing theory, systems, data collection, databases, and mapping. Knowledge of spatial data infrastructure. Knowledge of aerial photography and geospatial data. Knowledge of GPS units and software. Knowledge of mobile application platforms and wed development. Supervisory or management experience a plus. Ability to be detail oriented and organized. Ability to work effectively with various personalities and levels of authority.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Ms Power Point, Access.
- Excellent team player.
- Good self and time management skills.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Pro-active management outlook.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
Candidates should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Community: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.