Opportunity exists for Engineering Stores Controller. The Successful candidate will be responsible for effective stock and resource optimisation within the stores to provide an acceptable service level to the customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure integrity through management of staff and a stock control system.
- Manage adherence to stores business processes to ensure governance and optimum inventory.
- Work with all departments to critically assess and analyze stock holding to minimize operational risks while reducing stock asset value.
- Work with buyers and vendors to ensure that purchasing opportunities to reduce stock costs are realized.
- Do purchases of stock and non-stock items as well as payment of Vendors and Contracts.
- Develop and maintain a healthy vendor partnering program.
- Manage the tool store to optimize required tool and free issue consumable holdings and to ensure that tools remain in a good condition.
- Work with the finance department on stock management projects and to ensure that the required financial governance is in place.
- Do management reports as and when required.
- Manage the performance of the Stores Team to ensure good customer service.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and tidy working environment as per the OHS Act and WCM Requirements.
- Manage the Stores Assets (vehicles, tools, etc.)
- Lead, motivate and facilitate team activities.
Qualifications, Experience and skills required
- First Degree in Engineering
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications i.e. (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- 4 – 7 Years technical mechanical/electrical and entire brewery experience in a leadership capacity in a FMCG environment
- 4 – 7 years’ experience in running of a store with a computerized inventory system.
- Computer literate. Knowledge of buying practices and experience as a buyer.
Key competencies and attributes
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (eg. COSWIN)
- Strong leadership potential demonstrated
- Proven leadership skills
- Good communicator, with effective team-related skills
- Initiative and self-managing
- Attention to detail
- Bias for action
- Analytical problem solver
- Good understanding of maintenance practices
Interested Applicants who meet the above specifications, should send their application/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday, April 1, 2019.