General Electric GE is seeking Compressor Field Specialist to join its workforce in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of BHGE.
- Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of Steam Turbines, Compressors and related products.
- Providing input for Daily Outage, Resident Engineer or Weekly Service Reports
- Communicating effectively with Service Managers / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Manager regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- To prepare field services jobs and interventions with the Service Managers.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise.
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and TPS BHGE headquarters concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions.
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings.
- Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within BHGE safety standards
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Health, Safety & Environment HSE guidelines and procedures. The candidate will be responsible to keep reliability of Customers assets and to support on proactive way all BHGE TPS customers.
- University degree/ Diploma in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of hands-on experience on GE Compressors & their control systems.
- Good command of oral and written English
- A depth of relevant experience with installation and maintenance programs for GE Compressors sets and all related, off base related auxiliary equipment.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Willing to continuously work on construction/maintenance sites and travel worldwide.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction
- Health, Safety & Environment mindset and compliance.
- Oil and gas industry and field service experience strongly preferred
- In-depth experience on Minor and Major Inspections of GE BCLs, MCLs & AN200 Compressors inspections, MKV, MKVI & MKVIe Control Panels.
- In-depth knowledge of Bently Nevada 3500, Alen Bradley PLC5 & panel view, Siemens STEP5 & 7 & Contrologix, GE Fanuc 9030 & Rx3i, Cimplicity, Historian.