General Electric GE is seeking Gas Turbine Field Specialist to join its workforce in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- The Field Specialist will be in charge of site activities management including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
- As a Field Specialist you will represent BHGE both technically and professionally to ensure thatequipment is installed, maintained and started properly.Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service worldwide, front-line business of BHGE.
- Provide technical direction and/or project management of installation, commissioning and maintenance of Gas Turbines and Compressors and related products.
- Providing input for Daily Outage, Resident Engineer or Weekly Service Reports
- Communicating effectively with Service Managers / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Manager regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within BHGE safety standards
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Troubleshooting control operations and maintenance problems in the equipment
- Support the business growth requirement by driving customer satisfactory.
- University degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Good command of oral and written English
- A depth of relevant experience in energy, power or oil & gas industries
- Training/experience with installation and maintenance programs for Gas Turbines sets and all related, off base related auxiliary equipment.
- Strong customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
- Work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Willing to continuously work on construction/maintenance sites and travel worldwide.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction
- Health, Safety & Environment mindset and compliance.
- Power plant, oil and gas industry or field service experience strongly preferred
- Good knowledge of GE FR5, FR6 & FR7 Heavy Duty Gas Turbines and BCL, MCL & AN200 Compressors units.