Deloitte is seeking Gender Specialist to join its highly motivated team.
The Gender Advisor is responsible for identifying and prioritizing the business case for social and gender inclusiveness and its link to sustainable development of the energy sector. That is, the Gender Advisor should ultimately focus on finding ways for the project to do the following in Nigeria; increase access by women to modern electricity services to enhance their social and economic opportunities, increase female employment opportunities at utilities and government agencies, increasing the number of women in leadership positions within the energy sector, and training more women in technical fields
- Conduct an initial Gender Gap Analysis of the Nigerian energy sector;
- Assess the impact of high cost-intermittent electricity on women’s domestic work and home-based businesses and examine potential barriers to women paying the required connection fees, purchasing household appliances, and/or paying for electricity bills;
- Design gender activities to meet specific objectives that are identified in the Gap Analysis, then develop a gender and inclusion action plan that complements the overall work plan and incorporates specific gender activities within each of the program outcome areas;
- Consistently look for ways to integrate gender initiatives into project activities to achieve the above-stated objectives;
- Work with the Monitor & Evaluate (M&E) Advisor to monitor progress towards gender indicators over time, considering donor specifications;
- Monitor the technical implementation conducted by project´s partners; and
- Other duties as assigned
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
- Proven leadership, inter-personal and cross-cultural skills, and ability to build and motivate diverse teams
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent coordination skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Ability to respond on short notice and plan and execute several activities at once
Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently
All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of an MS/MA/MBA with at least 6 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA degree with at least 7 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 8 years of experience.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
Applications from all qualified individuals should be sent to [email protected] on or before Friday 14 December, 2018.