GAC Nigeria, the leading shipping, logistics and offshore services provider in West Africa, is looking for a General Manager – Liner who will be responsible for all liner activities and development of GAC in Nigeria. The successful candidate will be part of the Management team for the GAC Nigeria group of companies.
- Manage day-to-day operations and support for Sales, Customer Service, and Operations departments.
- Prepare sales budgets with the principal(s) and measure performance-based KPIs provided by the principal(s).
- Develop and implement local KPIs (GAC TIME).
- Ensure relevant SOPs, both principal and internal, are developed and implemented.
- Prepare and share timely and accurate reports.
- Prepare local budget for liner activity and ensure revenue and expenditure targets are attained through robust budget management.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to refine systems, workflows and procedures to optimise cost and increase controls.
- Develop and embed a performance management culture and manage talent, succession planning, and continual professional development of the liner team.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships and a good understanding of the market.
- Maintain good and active relationship with principal(s).
- Maintain good relationship with local authorities relevant to liner principal(s)
- Ensure regular filing and archiving of all liner related document in line with statutory requirements.
- Implement, maintain and regularly review GAC Compliance and HSSE guidelines.
- Perform vendor and procurement management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience of working in Nigeria or West Africa (or similar locations) is an added advantage.
- University graduate, preferably a degree related to Transportation, Shipping or Logistics
- Knowledgeable in liner shipping and logistics.
- In-depth knowledge of liner industry & processes.
- At least 10 years’ relevant and related experience
- Fluency in both written and verbal English communication.
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Comfortable in handling multiple reporting lines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Effective negotiation.
- Assertive personality.
- Organised and detail-oriented.
- Has high-level of integrity.
If you apply for this vacancy and do not hear from us within two weeks, please consider that you have not been shortlisted for the role.