FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for Human Resources Director for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. The position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
The Human Resources Director will be responsible for:
- Collaborates closely with HR Partners and senior HR management to implement HR initiatives in line with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Assist in coordination and administration of human resources services and will touch all facets of the Human Resources function, including recruitment and hiring, benefits, employee relations, compliance, performance management, training and development, as well as departmental communications geared toward a domestic and international employee base.
- Perform a variety of standard and operational responsibilities supporting the organization’s HR strategy and initiatives.
- Provide support on specific tasks and support special projects.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel.
- Contribute in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Support HR Partners with the harmonization by preparing and maintaining the country office employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Collaborates with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Collaborates with Compensation in the creation and/or re-evaluation of job description requests. Reviews recruitment requisitions and position descriptions for HR Partner and/or Recruiter.
- Contribute in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintain human resource information system records for country office locations; ensure data integrity and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Participate and assist in the implementation, enforcement, and communication of all HR policies and services.
- Ensure compliance with DFID’s terms and conditions as well as FHI 360 rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field.
- Typically requires a minimum 5 – 8 years professional experience in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Communications, or Related Field.
- Experience in international development arena preferred.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programmes that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.