General Electric is seeking Lead Engineer – Service Engineering to join its workforce in Nigeria.
A Lead Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer’s specification/requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design/solution to meet the design or maintenance requirements.This role will also have additional responsibility for the day to day running of a small team of engineers within the Onne facility. This will involve supervising less experienced engineers and helping to develop them through coaching and mentoring.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current HSE legislation.
- Prepare and approve factory acceptance test procedures, Operational & Maintenance procedures and inspection/ test reports.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Design Reviews, Design Calculations to establish a full Design Verification Package (DVP) to satisfy the verification plan.
- Ensure DVP has third party or independent review.Check and approve layout and detail drawings.
- Review/disposition survey reports.
- Establish repair practices and engineering repair workscopes.
- Adhere to and meet work schedules and control Engineering team output.
- Liaise with Onne Sales and Manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required.
- Provide field support as required for operational matters.
- Provide engineering support for the service of installed Subsea Production Equipment (SSPE) and provide options for customers on refurbishment/ repair of products.
- Ensure all work is conducted with integrity and in an environmentally and safe manner.
- Prepare and report out on weekly engineering metrics.
- Suggest ongoing improvement developments to enhance team performance.
- Work with direct management to continually develop team members.
- BEng Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of materials, welding and heat treatment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
- Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Have a working knowledge of systems, procedures and other departments within the company.
- Desire to provide world class service to customers by working with the greater Onne BHGE team.
- Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
- Fully proficient with ePIMS database
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous: Strong SSPE product line knowledge.
- Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes