Siemens AG is seeking Legal Counsel to join its award winning workforce in Nigeria.
The holder of this position reports to the Country General Counsel and must have the skills and ability to:-
- Draft, review and participate in the negotiation of terms and conditions contained in customer invitations to tender and in a wide range of contracts such as Engineering and Construction Contracts, Long Term Service Contracts etc.
- Assist in identifying, analyzing and evaluating legal risks and developing risk mitigation strategies in order to protect the Company, its assets and stakeholders’ interests respectively.
- Provide legal advice to any and all Departments and Business Units in the Company on a wide ranging matters taking into consideration the specific business requirements and interests in order to help achieve the Company’s business objective.
- Provide legal advice and support to project management and other project team members in the execution of customer contracts, consortial contracts and to secure Siemens contractual rights and entitlements therein.
- Provide efficient cross-border legal advice to Company’s affiliates.
- Liaise with external counsel in any litigation/arbitration case and settlement process involving the Company.
- Manage regulatory filings by gathering documents, preparing and submitting documentation and applications, analyzing and responding to queries.
- Ensure corporate regulatory compliance as required under Nigerian Company Laws; coordination of all Company’s board and shareholders’ meetings; ensure the proper safe keeping and update of the Company registers, statutory books and corporate seal.
- Closely cooperate with local compliance officers on all legal issues.
- Ensure the prompt reporting of all mandatory and periodic legal reporting tools and obligations.
- LLB (Hons) with minimum of second class upper division from a reputable University.
- B. L with minimum of second class upper division from the Nigerian Law School.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required
- Minimum 5 years post call experience acquired from a well established law firm in Nigeria and/or the Legal Department of a reputable company in Nigeria.
- Qualified applicants must have been admitted to the Nigerian Bar.
- Project Financing and Energy experience particularly in the Nigerian Oil & Gas and Power Sectors would be an additional advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good inter-personal skills with customer service orientation.
- Highly motivated team player, analytical, professional and proactive
- Inter-cultural skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office (word, excel and PowerPoint)