Develop and monitor implementation of strategic procurement plans for the sourcing of Indirects goods and services for the factory environment in Ibadan and Zaria as well as Head office in Lagos and Leaf office in Iseyin in BAT Nigeria. Ensure flexibility of supplies, appropriate quality and complexity reduction at the best total cost.
Responsible for the execution of Low value spend category including “Sourcing to Contract” specifically:
- Source to contract
- Spend and compliance reporting
- Contract Management
- Responsible for the development and execution of sourcing plans for Indirects goods and services in the factory environment in Ibadan and Zaria as well as Head office in Lagos and Leaf office in Iseyin) with final implementation of contracts where necessary
- To ensure the category sourcing and contracts for Indirects goods and services in the factory environment in Ibadan and Zaria as well as Head office in Lagos and Leaf office in Iseyin meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- To adhere to applicable policies, standards and platforms including the agreed Sourcing Management methodology and approach and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
- Support the Above Market team on all projects.
- Update all report platforms (FISP, IBTT, SCTT etc) as required by the business
- Analyse financial and market data, to build and maintain knowledge on all aspects of our supply related external environment, on behalf of the business.
- To ensure all contracts are agreed with the relevant business owners with minimal environmental impact.
- Support a green environment in line with EHS Policies
- Ensure compliance with the company EMS Policy and ensure reduction in business activity impact on the environment
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate
- Continuous supply improvements delivered to BAT Nigeria, measured in terms significant cost reduction, supplier rationalisation, high levels of service, introduction of business process changes and complexity reduction.
- To lead the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the stakeholder requirements and targets.
- Identifying and managing the risk which exists whenever goods and services are contracted out to suppliers and service providers.
- Ensure full cross-functional commitment to strategies through communication, education and evaluation of initiatives.
- To own commercial supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA’s and performance check-points. Manage and resolve contractual performance issues and escalate where required.
- Management of multi-functional teams and high level of project management skills.
- Maintain high level of internal customer satisfaction with all stakeholders
- To identify new products and services that may impact on sourcing execution and escalate to the Procurement Business Manager – Operations.
- To strive for continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers, managing resource and actions from other functions into this process to deliver quality enhancement and smart spend management.
- To propose and/or develop alternate solutions alongside new products and services.
Essential requirementsExperience & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities, competitor activity, and expected trends at a local level.
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to ensure contracted benefits are delivered.
- Supplier and contract management experience.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Proficient in supplier assessment processes that are used to develop supplier improvement plans Detailed understanding of e-commerce tools (such as e-Sourcing, etc.) to enhance and sustain the Indirect Procurement processes
- Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT (including specification and testing requirements).
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products.
- Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective contracts.
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships.
- A focus on quality service delivery at the best total value.
- SAP MM
- MS Excel
- University degree level education or equivalent of HND from recognized institutions of higher Learning
- CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or MBA would be an advantage
Working at BAT
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
How to Apply
Click job title above to apply