Who is MasterCard?
Jobs in Nigeria. What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society . Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
Business Leader, Debit Product Management – Sub Sahara Africa
The Global Debit Group focuses on driving overall transaction volume and profitable revenue growth for MasterCard’s Debit portfolios. This group actively collaborates with internal teams across MasterCard, and external parties including customers (the Issuers), merchants, and new strategic alliance partners to build innovative global product solutions focused on capturing current and future card spending volume.
The successful candidate will have accountability for developing the go-to-market strategy and implementing the tactics in the roadmap. The individual will also be responsible for managing the product life cycle programs and for supporting Business Development Managers with presentations and customized product development requests. The individual will work closely with product counterparts and sales across the Sub Sahara Africa Division to ensure alignment with the customer-focused strategy.
• Develop Go-To-Market strategies and roadmaps for delivery
• Monitor the landscape of competitive products and industry trends, understanding their implications for MasterCard and suggest action steps as required
• Utilize local research develop up to date communication strategies with consumers to engage them in successful acquisition, activation, usage campaigns
• Develop best practice cardholder on-boarding guides for bank product management staff, including branch training kits, call center guides, welcome letter samples, Month-on-books communications materials
• Development of communications calendars and channel plans for use by issuers
• Develop below-the-line promotions, targeting the consumer/cardholder
• Develop a ‘Life Cycle Management’ approach to constantly enhance/ modify/ upgrade products & benefits in line with market/ issuer/ segment needs to ensure maximum profitability to MasterCard through usage and retention
• Collaborate with Consumer and Customer Marketing leadership to support the launch of programs & benefits within the clusters as well as work with the Marketing team in development of any collateral as required by the clusters
• Create and maintain a library of best practices and case studies on product development to be shared with Product Sales, Account Teams and Customers
• Develop presentations to proactively update & sell to issuers product opportunities/ innovations, market trends, & MC advancements in product innovation
• Support Product Sales and Account Teams in the creation of value propositions that leverage key features of existing and / or new product platforms from MC
• Support Sales Teams with customized product development requests
• Must demonstrate strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Demonstrate proven ability to develop and successfully implement, quantifiable business plans
• Industry knowledge and networking especially in merchant relationships/ commerce development
• Have an entrepreneurial approach and vision
• Analytical thinking
• Must have a MCW product & profitability focus
• Customer focus with extensive knowledge of customer profitability drivers and consumer usage drivers
• Outstanding communication skills from a written, verbal and presentation perspective
• Demonstrate multi-disciplinary knowledge, i.e. marketing, operations, acquiring and emerging technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. MBA preferred
• Experience with strategic and business planning
• Understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
• Knowledge of MasterCard debit products and services
• Proven experience working collaboratively in a cross-functional role
• Marketing experience with a mix in B-2-B and B-2-C Direct Marketing
• Consultative selling experience with good negotiation skills
• Team player and achievement oriented
• Excellent stakeholder management
• Outstanding communication/presentation skills
• Strong skills in MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel; Presentation deck writing and proposal skills