PO Admin Officer – The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) is a specialized agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) with a public mandate to promote renewable energy and energy efficiency markets in the ECOWAS region.
The Ouagadougou Declaration, adopted at the ECOWAS conference for Peace and Security on 12th November 2007 in Burkina Faso, articulated the need to establish a regional center to promote Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency. In 2008, the 61st Session of ECOWAS Council of Ministers adopted regulation C/REG.23/11/08 to give the ECOWAS Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency a legal basis. The ECREEE Secretariat was subsequently set up in November 2009 in Praia, Cape Verde.
This post is located at the Secretariat of the ECOWAS Centre on Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) based in Praia, Cape Verde. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the duties of the:
PO admin officer (1 Position) Internationally recruited position
- Department: ECREEE Executive Secretariat
- Directorate: ECREEE
- Grade: P3
- Annual Salary: USD 37,430 – USD 45,109
- Supervisor: PPO Head of Admin&Finance
- Reference: ECR-ECREEE-P/002/2016
- Duration: (Two years – renewable)
- Duty Station: Praia, Cape Verde
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organization and quality assurance of all ECREEE administrative proceedings, in cooperation and coordination with other staff of the ECREEE-Secretariat in Praia;
- Support the procurement process in accordance with the ECOWAS Procurement Tender Code and Manual of Procedures;
o Support supervision of ECREEE internal and external correspondences;
o Support the planning and implementation of important events of ECREEE, such as Summits, Conferences, Workshops, Training, etc.
- Support the management of ECREEE assets;
- Assist in the initiation and implementation of policies in respect of general administration;
- Collaborate with external auditors upon request;
- Support the preparation of reports from ECREEE;
- Coordinate and supervise logistical support to ECOWAS missions;
- Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director of ECREEE
- Completion of a First University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent certificate/training in Office Management, Human Resources, Social Sciences.
- Master Degree in relevant field will be an added advantage (substitutes two years of professional experience).
- At least 5 years post-qualification experience
- Proficiency in the use of the computer, including internet research, e-mail communication, word processing, using the software currently in use, and the application of other software commonly used in the functional area of ECREEE.
- Ability to supervise others;
- Proven organizational skills;
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills;
- Stress management skills;
- Time management skills;
- Effective written communication skills;
- Team building
- Accounting and book keeping skills;
- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction.
Candidates should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Commission; English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.