General Electric needs Protection and Controls Engineer in Nigeria.
- To provide Protection & Control solutions for SAS and conventional projects from 33kV to 765kV substations as per customer specification / requirement and internal standards with the support of lead Engineer.
- To plan and execute basic & detailed design for all protection applications involving switch-yard, solar & renewables.
- Initiate technical discussion with customer and obtain approval on Engineering documents;Deliver quality on-time documentation.
- Protection and Control Engineering of Automation & Conventional projects – Switchyard, Solar & renewables.
- Study of Specification / Technical inputs. Prepare Compliance to customer observation / comments. Evolve cost effective / optimized solutions.
- Preparation of Technical Design, Engineering Calculations and Drawings.
- Check & Validate design documents Selection & Ordering of IEDs, Relays & Bought-on-Jobs materials Attend Customer technical meetings for obtaining approvals Release of manufacturing instructions and Database configurations.
- Co-ordinate with various stakeholders including Testing team for internal validation and participate in FAT as required.
- Provide support to the site team to resolve technical issues and snag listsPrepare As-built documentation.
- Share Return of Experience & Knowledge Capitalization. Implement the applicable RoEs during design phase.
- Time schedule & On Time delivery :
- Manage design time spent on relevant activities
- Ensure on-time delivery of Quality design deliverables.
- Anticipate and mitigate delivery issues and recommend change On weekly basis provide Team lead and /or PM with project reviews.
Project strategy, risk management, Process & Tools :
- Follow project strategy
- Highlight scope or design changes (data for claims, VO)
- Track, manage & mitigate identified or potential deviations / risks
- Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes.
- Deploy Engineering tools as per strategy
Sourcing & Procurement, Supplier management:
- Ensure issuance of technical specifications and basic document to enable procurement of materials.
- Coordinate and review technical offers from suppliers for relevant activity
- Manage technical interface with sub suppliers & partners, prepare input data , check consistency
- Excellent skill set on complete cable engineering process.
- Independent ability to drive LV engineering system.
- To design and draw Protection schemes, relay settings and protection co-ordination
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical) or (Electrical & Electronics3 to 7 years experience in Basic :Power System & Primary Equipment, Substation Automation, Communication Protocols
- Broad :Product (Protection IEDs) Knowledge, Protection philosophy & concepts, Trip & Interlock Logics, Cubicle mfg. knowledge,Engineering calculations & Design tools like Engineering Base, ETAP etc.Hands on for design and drawing of protection schemes, wiring tables and cabling design etc. on Engineering Base or equivalent software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.