General Electric GE is seeking SSA IGNITE Graduate Internship – Commercial Operations Intern to join its workforce.
The SSA IGNITE Graduate Internship Program is designed to give recent college/university graduates challenging work assignments, developmental feedback, and exposure to leadership. Spanning a duration of 12 months only, the program combines hands-on experience with formal performance feedback to help participants transition from a collegial environment to the workplace.
The Commercial Ops Intern will be responsible for:
- Training in commercial accountability
- Deal machine training – correct usage of DM — express path vs non -express, relevant documentation uploaded to DM, etc.
- Deal machine management to support data accuracy (Tableau)
- Tableau training – for reporting
- Follow critical process steps – RFQ/quote/PO review and approvals, ITO/OTR handover, BOX updates, etc.
- Prepare simple operational quotes for spares and repairs
- Prepare commercial proposals – review technical specifications, work closely with Engineering, Sales, Operations, etc.
- Ensure compliance with contract commitments, support discussions with customers – coordinating with other functions as required
- Support handover meetings with Project Management and execution
- Manage customer commercial tracker in conjunction with OTR
- Support intercompany transactions As a valuable member of our team, SSA IGNITE interns will receive many benefits including:
- Challenging work assignments
- Exposure to a multinational company
- Developmental feedback
- Opportunities to network with Leaders and other interns
- Recent college/university graduate with no more than 1-1.5 years’ work experience /or with national service discharge (if applicable)
- Authorized to work in country full-time and without restriction
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Must have an advanced to fluent level of English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated team player
- Confident self-starter who has demonstrated drive
- Excellent organization skills, ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change