FHI 360 is currently seeking a qualified Subcontracts Manager for the upcoming five-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme.
- Ensure consistent management of all proposals, subcontracts, and contracts, in compliance with DFID, HMG, and Nigerian Government laws and regulations. This generally includes oversight of the contract management process, as well as development of specific contract negotiations and document management.
- Keep up to date on DFID compliance terms and conditions, rules and regulations, and code of conduct, and on developments in internal auditing procedures.
- Provide guidance on preventive, detective, and corrective internal controls and organizational risk management.
- Communicate audit risks and weaknesses in internal controls, provide guidance for operational improvements and work with project management and field staff to coordinate implementation of audit recommendations.
- Develop standards for consultancy contracts, including presentation of budget, payment terms and provide support for billing and Invoicing.
- Engage in database management which consists of updating of Consultants bio-data information; storing of
- Consultants CVs; keeping custody of consultants’ contract letters, ToRs and other assignment documents.
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and instill principles of integrity and compliance.
- Identify contracting issues and client requirements, facilitate pricing discussions, and obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables.
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, extension or renewal and engage in report updating as appropriate.
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and attachments and provide status reports on all consultants’ activities.
- Support the department in procurement and administrative tasks to ensure efficiency, cost savings and best quality of service
- Education: University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources, Law, Contract Administration, and/or Audit. A CIA, CPA or CRM is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a similar position and in a program of a similar size and scope.
- Solid experience in Audit, Risk and/or Compliance.
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Strong knowledge of the different types of instruments (Grants, Contracts, sub-awards, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of various business controls (HR, Finance, Procurement, Logs, I.T, Program)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English required, proficiency in Hausa and/or another local language is an advantage.
- Familiarity with HMG/DFID rules and regulations for commercial contracts is required.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring programs of 50 million GBP or larger
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office)