Guinness Nigeria Plc needs Technical Operator.
Context of the role
GNPLC is striving towards world class and to be the Number 1 Alcoholic Drinks Company in Nigeria. The company is investing huge resources into growing production and sales volumes, continuous improvement of their operations, training and development of their staff
The Packaging Technical Operators are responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment in a safety conscious manner to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner. They are also responsible for participating in all improvement initiatives.
Purpose of the role
To produce Guinness products in a safe and professional approach to achieve customer service levels, quality conformance and within budget.
To apply technical process continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimize overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
To adopt a safe and professional approach to all aspects of the role as an individual/team player
The Nigerian beer market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus
Need to constantly reduce production cost, while maintaining high quality and delivery in a highly unionized working environment
Create the conditions for people to succeed: Liaise with other Brewing, Packaging, Production Services and Maintenance Technicians, Laboratory Technicians, Contractors and Shift Managers to ensure continuity of reliable, quality production. Support other team members and develop positive relationships with colleagues
Constantly deliver great performance- Effective management of facility activities for departmental and organizational effectiveness
Respond to change in a positive and flexible manner and sustain a positive outlook across a range of situations/challenges.
- Total ownership of production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner.
- Carries out the labelling operation of the packaging process and also oversees the coding of the bottles
- Operates the pasteurizer machine as the case may be and also carries out change over on the machines
- Optimize product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering (RFT) Right First Time against the Global Finished Product Specification on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s or (RCPS) Root Cause Problem Solving to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down
Qualifications and Experience
- HND Mechanical/ Electrical/ instrumentation field and ideally have an appropriate qualification in Brewing, Packaging, Engineering or Utilities in addition
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery, drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships