WTS Energy is seeking suitable qualified candidates to apply for the position of Technician in Nigeria.
- Dismantle and assemble parts & equipment such as various types of centrifugal pumps, Mech Seals, and compressors, reciprocating and screw compressors, blowers and others according to operational procedures sheets.
- Prepare dismantling reports of the various equipment handled. This implies he should be familiar with various measuring tools like, Vernier Calipers, Depth caliper/ micrometer, ID/OD micrometers, Dial gauges,
- Prepare spares consumed reconciliation sheets.
- Prepare assembly reports.
- Dynamically balance rotors and fans according to ISO 1940
- Install piping and set mechanical seals to match drawings.
- Operate laser alignment tools, condition monitoring equipment, hydraulic torque tools and high-pressure testing equipment.
- Apply agreed on test procedures.
- Verify inventory and parts received against Bill of Material per job prior to assembly of equipment.
- Monitor the quality control of manufactured parts prior to assembly of equipment.
- Work with Lead Technician/ Supervisors and other team members to carry out complete overhauls or installation and commissioning of various types of centrifugal pumps and compressors, reciprocating and screw compressors in addition to blowers on customer sites either onshore or offshore, this also includes bearings and mechanical seal change-outs
- Represent the company in a positive manner while executing jobs onsite, by maintaining a excellent safety record and behaving professionally with clients and team members at all times.
- He must be responsible for all the tools he uses and take good care of them when required he will carry out PMs, on tools and workshop machines.
- He must always be HSE knowledgeable and demonstrate a safe working culture.
- Technical School Diploma. Minimum HND
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related field, especially in mechanical assembly
- Previous experience and /or trainings with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)/ OEM reps, is a plus
- Previous experience in mechanical or assembly work of rotating equipment is essential.
- Good mechanical ability and manual skillfulness is essential
- Welding experience is a plus
- Machinist experience is a plus.
- Oil & Gas experience/ Offshore experience is a plus.
- HSE trainings/ First –aid/ Fire-fighting training a plus.
- Rigging/banksman/crane operation a plus.