Dangote Cement Plc actively seeking Transport General Manager Night Shift
Project Description :
Dangote Cement P.L.C. is the biggest quoted company in West Africa and the only Nigerian company listed among Forbes Global 2000 Companies. The Company currently has several cement production plants in Nigeria in addition to presence in 14 other African countries. To consolidate its current strategic expansion drive and as part of our growing vision, Dangote Cement P.L.C. is seeking to recruit candidates for the following vacant position in its Transport Division.
Job Responsibilities :
In the role of Night duty Transport General Manager you will be responsible for the following;
1. Achieving key performance indicators through effective management of the team with delegation and monitoring key priorities.
2. Ensuring a professional hand-over takes place between each shift.
3. Setting goals for team members and self-using the internal system and ensuring these are achieved.
4. To support the management of a fleet of drivers and transport support staff, ensuring that they wor
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies :
Candidates wishing to be consider for this role should meet the following criteria:
- Experienced of working within a transport environment.
- Lead by example and try to resolve driver issues on a night to night basis to avoid formal grievances.
- Knowledge of transport legislation.
- Knowledge of computerized scheduling and driver management packages would be an advantage.
- Experience of supervising / managing a team; if at a senior level this would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to work.
30 April 2016