WTS Energy is seeking Well site Drilling Engineer to join its workforce in Nigeria.
- Perform engineering calculations and software simulation to include but not limited to hydraulics, BHA, cementing, torque and drag, daily pre-kick and well control sheet, surge and swab, LOT/FIT etc
- Assist the Drilling Supervisors (DSVs) to implement the approved drilling and completion programs on the rig.
- Manage all the contractors, including the rig, vessels, catering and all the services
- Support shore base logistics and vessel operations to timely load and offload required equipment and materials.
- Crew change management.
- Maintain list to track daily cost estimates, service company rental equipment and consumable
- Review service company field tickets and advise DSVs of any discrepancies.
- Preparation of daily drilling reports (DDR) and distribution after DSV’s review and approval.
- Follow up and quality check of service companies’ daily reports like mud logging, directional drilling, mud engineering etc.
- Assist DSVs to prepare, check and execute all critical operations like casing and completions running, cementing, etc.
- Support in preparation of End of Well and Project reports,
- Monitoring of operations performance and cost (plan versus actual) analyzing NPT (non-productive time), time-depth curve, project AFE variance analysis and KPIs.
- Follow up operations to ensure timely mobilization and demobilization of personnel, equipment and services to optimize cost.
- Ensure that Company’s HSE policies are strictly adhered and followed.
- Carry out all duties outlined by DSVs in support of on-going operations
- Minimum of 5 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 2 years as Wellsite Drilling Engineer with relevant experience.
- Experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
- Recent offshore experience (preferably Jack-Up and /or deep-water rig) is required.
- Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
- Experience using leading well engineering software is important
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum engineering (Other Engineering Disciplines may be considered e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Well control certification
- Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification